The festival will be held in Katerini and nearby villages (70 km from Thessaloniki), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of the famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, gathers archaeological, cultural and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria had big success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 19th International festival in the area and 7th in official cooperation with the Municipality of Katerini will have larger success and will provide the participants with opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay, you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and the bright Greek sun.
Google map location – here | (70 km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia”, IATA: SKG)
Type of groups that can participate:
Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choir/Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
– The number and age of participants are not limited. The number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare from a 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/USB stick.
– The registration form should be sent before March 10th, 2020, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. Only 60% of the total amount should be paid before March 30th, 2020, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received cash on the day of your arrival in Pieria or 10 days before with a bank deposit.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
Simple Registration: 30€ per person (without using our accommodation)
Package, registration & accommodation:
152€ per person in 1*-2** hotels.
178€ per person in 3*** hotels.
– 6 days (5 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in triple rooms) by the seaside of Pieria
Hotels are located in Paralia beach, Olympic beach, Korinos beach and Plaka beach.
Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons, exclusively for all the participant groups.
– Sandwiches and water after performances
– Participation in the Festival – Certificates – Memorial gifts – Photos – Video
– Every 25 participants, one person is free charge.
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
– Extra nights:
32€ per person, per day in 1-2** hotels (half board in triple rooms).
37€ per person, per day in 3*** hotels.
– There is also the possibility of fewer nights’ accommodation.
– Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra seven (7) Euros a day per person.
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
– First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
- Hiking in Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the beautiful South Pieria coastline
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos,
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina,
- Traditional Greek villages
- Certificates of participation will be given
- Official invitation letters will be provided and other documents if needed.
- The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed.
- We can arrange and give you offers for all your transfers and the optional excursions.
We are looking forward on meeting you and start a partnership with your group at our Festivals.
If any further information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact us.