Rhodes (or Rhodos or Rodos) island in Greece is one of the Mediterranean’s most popular resorts and a perennial holiday favourite for any lifestyle
By far the largest island of the Dodecanese, also known as the “Island of the Sun God Helios”, Rhodes combines a variety of characteristics that make it unique as a travel destination. Rhodes reveals itself to the eyes of the visitor as a magnificent explosion of colors and activities that combine a mix of interesting sights and relaxation, unique nature, learning and entertainment.
Tourism on Rhodes has a long tradition. Ever since the Italians replaced the Turks as the dominant power in the south-eastern Aegean in 1912, and after the island was returned to Greece in 1947, Rhodes has been gradually turned into an attractive tourist destination by continuous investments in tourism infrastructure, making the island one of the most highly organized travel destinations in Greece. Its beautiful beaches, its state-of-the-art buildings and hotels, its picturesque districts, its medieval buildings, its archaeological sites and its rich history contribute to its reputation as one of the most interesting and attractive urban centers of the Mediterranean region. Visit: https://rhodos.grhttps://www.rhodesguide.com/
We expect that the 1st International festival in the area, in official cooperation with the Municipality of Rhodos, will be a great organization with big success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choirs/
Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
– Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare a 10 -12 minute program accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
– The registration form must be sent before June 30th, 2021, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by July 10th, 2021. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Rhodos or 20 days prior via bank transfer.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
1) Simple Registration: 30 €per person (without using our accommodation)
2) Package, registration and accommodation is:
112 € per person in Hotels 2* (like Hotel Parthenon 2* plus)
134 € per person in Hotels 3* (like Hotel Athena)
187 € per person in Hotels 5* (Hotel Rodos Palace)
– 4 days (3 nights), with breakfasts all days and a dinner in party day – in double/triple bed rooms.
– Free transport from your hotel in the city of Rhodos to the performance place.
– Free Traditional party with food, drink, all kinds of music, traditional dance lessons and gifts.
– On the performance day water/drink and traditional Greek delicacies – sweets will be offered.
* Every 30 participants, one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
– Prolonged stay, each day costs 40€ in 2-3* & 60€ in 4-5* Hotel per person, with breakfast.
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
– Medical services must be covered by the group. It’s on their responsibility.
16/9/2021: Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs.
17/9/2021: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon –Optional excursion – Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances –dance lessons, gifts and certificates from FOLKWAY Organization – Your dinner will be served in party place.
18/9/2021: Breakfast –Optional excursion- Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place (Medieval Moat Theatre “Melina Merkouri” /Medieval Town of Rhodes) where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. During the performance water/drink and traditional Greek delicacies – sweets will be offered.
19/9/2021: Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given
- Official invitation letter will be provided and other documents if needed.
- The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed
- We can arrange and give you offers for optional excursions.
We are looking forward meeting and cooperating with your group at our Festival.
P.S. Should further information is needed please do not hesitate to contact us.