Organizers: Municipality of Ilioupoli
Cultural Association “OPA”
Propantos Organization Center – Business Travel (FOLKWAY)
Athens. The city that gave birth to democracy, the sciences and fine arts is ready to reveal its secrets. Athens: the city of history and ancient civilization – the Parthenon, Acropolis and the Ancient Agora. At the same time a modern, vibrant megalopolis, full of energy, day and night. A city belonging to humanity and Mediterranean light. This mighty city has contributed to world history and culture time and again, making itself immortal; an actor beyond the constraints of time’s usual boundaries.
Through its charisma, it is reborn again and again. Athens shares these priceless life lessons with its visitors. Under the bright Aegean sun and the blue Attica sky. Amid the graffiti that adorns its walls, and the laughter that fills its cafes. A youthful city, buzzing with life, it is confident, free and charming. A city that never sleeps. Full of flavor, desire, and pleasure. A city that you must visit at least once in your lifetime.
We expect that the 1st International festival in the area, in official cooperation with the Municipality of Iliupoli and Cultural Association “OPA” will have big success and will provide to the participants’ opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay, you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea, and bright Greek sun.
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choir/Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
– The number and age of participants are not limited. The number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare from 10 to12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/FLASH.
– The registration form should be sent before March 10th, 2020, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. Only 60% of the total amount should be paid before March 20th, 2020, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received on the day of your arrival in Athens or by bank transfer in the same account 30 days before the arrival day. In case of cancellation, no refund is given.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
Simple Registration: 30 € per person (without using our accommodation)
Registration fee with our accommodation is:
164 € per person in Hotels 3* (in the city of Athens)
186 € per person in Hotels 4* (in the city of Athens)
– 5 days (4 nights), breakfasts all days and one dinner – in triple bedrooms.
– Free transport from your hotel to the performance place.
– Free Traditional party with food, drink all kinds of music, traditional dance lessons, and gifts.
* Every 30 participants, one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
– For prolonged stay, each day costs 40€ in 3* & 50€ in 4* Hotel per person, with breakfast.
– Accommodation in double rooms will cost an extra seven (7) Euros a day per person, ΗΒ. Extra meals in hotel cost 12 euro per person
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
– Medical services must be covered by the group. It’s on their responsibility.
25/6/2020: Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the city.
26/6/2020: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion (Parthenon, Plaka, Monastiraki) – Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances – dance lessons, gifts and certificates from FOLKWAY Organization – Your dinner will be served in party place.
27/6/2020: Breakfast – Optional excursion – Main performance: Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. During the performance water and traditional Greek delicacies – sweets will be offered.
28/6/2020: Breakfast – All day free, for optional activities. Optional performance: Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held.. During the performance water and traditional Greek delicacies – sweets will be offered.
29/6/2020: Breakfast– Departure of the groups.
* Certificates of participation will be given
** Official Invitation letter will be provided and any help for visa documents if requested by the group.
*** Participation without using our accommodation can be discussed.
**** The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed
***** We can arrange and give you offers for all your transfers.
****** We will send you proposal – offers for optional excursions
We are looking forward to meeting and cooperating with you at our Festival.
P.S. Should further information is needed please do not hesitate to contact us.