Syros is a Greek Island in the Aegean Sea with an area of 84 sq km. It is located south-east of mainland Greece in the middle of the Cyclades group of islands and is the Capital of the region. Syros Island has an unusual character in contrast to the other islands thanks to its magnificent neoclassical architecture.
Syros owes its peculiarity to the 19th century which is due to a long period as one of the most important ports in the Eastern Mediterranean, resulting in Syros acquiring magnificent air and a rigorous tradition of Industry, the Arts and Culture. Nowadays, Syros is the capital of the Cyclades Islands and still remains a place of Culture while at the same time has emerged as a remarkable travel destination very easily approached by air and coastal.
Is the island where Greek tradition and western influence come to a harmonious marriage. Ermoúpoli (meaning “the city of Hermes”) is the island’s capital town and has been the first important trade and industrial center of the country in the 19th century. Evidence of this glorious past can be seen on public buildings (the City Hall, the Customs Office, “Apollo” theatre), on the neoclassical houses and at the beautiful squares. Due to its economic activity, Ermoúpoli has been called “Manchester of Greece” and the history of its years of blossom is exhibited in the Industrial Museum.
The great number of beautiful beaches will delight the sea and sand lovers: Vári, Foínikas, Yalissás and Kíni, as well as Posidonia or Dellagrazia, the beach of a village with many neoclassical mansions with colorful orchards. You can visit www.siros.gr & www.syrosisland.gr
We expect that the 1st International festival in the area, in official cooperation with the Municipality of Syros, will have big success and will provide the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay, you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea, and the bright Greek sun.
Type of groups that can participate:
Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choir/Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes/Orchestras
– The number and age of participants are not limited. The number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare from 10 to12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD.
– The registration form should be sent before March 10th, 2020, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. Only 60% of the total amount should be paid before March 30th, 2020, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received on the day of your arrival in Syros Island. In case of cancellation, no refund is given.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
The registration fee is 182 € per person for 4 days (3 nights) or 218 € for 5 days (4 nights)
in marvelous 4 star Hotel Dimare (https://dimaresyros.com) by the seaside.
– (Breakfasts all days and one dinner – in three & four bed rooms)
– Free transport from the port or the airport to your hotel.
– Free transport from your hotel to the performance place.
– 3 Free tours – excursions with guide to Ermoupoli city – Ano Syros and round the Island.
– Free Traditional party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participant groups.
* Every 30 participants, one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
– For prolonged stay, each day costs 42€ per person, with breakfast.
– Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra seven (7) Euros a day per person, ΗΒ. Extra meals in hotel cost 12 euro per person
– Ferry tickets from port of Piraeus, which can be arranged from us with cost 40 euro per person round trip. Bus ticket is free charge if the group is over 30 people.
– First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
We are looking forward to meeting and cooperating with your group at our Festival.
P.S. Should further information is needed please do not hesitate to contact us.