Participating ensembles from: Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Italy, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, India, Indonesia & Slovenia.
04.05.17 – Day 1:
- Upon arrival in Rome, participants will be taken to their respective hotels – In the afternoon there is the possibility of a sightseeing tour of Rome: Termini Train Station, the Church of St. Peter in Chains (Michelangelo’s Statue of Moses), the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Piazza Venezia, the Palazzo Venezia, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps – Leisure free time for individual activities – Return to the hotel – Optional: Possibility of night out to one of the Italo Disco clubs in Rome – Overnight Stay in our hotels.
05.05.17 – Day 2:
- Breakfast – After breakfast, leisure time in Rome for individual facilities or the possibility of organizing a sightseeing trip to Naples, the biggest city in southern Italy and the seat of the Campania region. Upon arrival, we will enjoy a panoramic tour of Naples: the medieval Nuovo Castle, the Royal Palace, the Galleria Umberto I, the Toledo Shopping Street – Return to Rome – Leisure time in our hotels.
- Alternatively, for those interested, we will organize an optional tour of the Vatican, the smallest country in the world but certainly one of its most powerful. Tour of the Vatican Palace, the Sistine Chapel with frescoes by Michelangelo, Botticelli and other great painters, the St. Peter’s Basilica. After the Vatican sightseeing tour, free time for walking around and individual activities – Return to Rome – Overnight Stay in our hotels.
06.05.17 – Day 3:
- Festival activities – Opening of the 2nd International Folklore Festival 2017 in Rome, Italy – Preparations for the Festival Show – Sound Check – Performances by folklore ensembles – Awards & Diplomas.
- After the Festival ceremony, we will organize an optional Mutual – friendly night dinner as a final party for all participants of the 2nd International Folklore Festival in Rome – Overnight stay in our hotels.
07.05.17 – Day 4:
- Breakfast – Leaving our hotels – A day reserved for looking around Rome and visiting all those places you did not have the chance to visit during the previous days: museums, promenades, fountains and stores. During this time, we will organize an optional tour of Tivoli – an ancient town near Rome. In Tivoli we will visit the Villa d’Este, built near Hadrian’s Villa by Cardinal d’Este as his summer residence during the construction of which he redirected the flow of water to make beautiful fountains famous all over the world. Tivoli is the perfect end to our festival Italian experience – After the sightseeing tour of Tivoli, leisure time over there for lunch or dinner, an espresso, a glass of wine or other activities that you may want to explore – Later we are moving back to our arrival point of departure with another meeting next year for all folklore ensembles and participants!
Below you can find a complete list of the available 3-star hotels concerning your accommodation during the festival days of the 2nd International Folklore Festival 2017 in Rome, Italy. Please, notice in the left column of the event page the important remarks & the optional excursions for your participation!
Also there is the possibility to stay at Palacavicchi Hotel (3*) for 125 EUR per person instead of the initial price in 1/3 & 1/4 rooms.