- ORGANIZATION OF CULTURE, SPORT & ENVIRONMENT OF VOLVI MUNICIPALITY
- CULTURAL ASSOCIATION “THE SMILE”
- PROPANTOS ORGANIZATION CENTER – BUSINESS TRAVEL (FOLKWAY)
A few words about Stavros
Stavros is a small town in the eastern part of the Prefecture of Thessaloniki and is the seat of the Municipality of Volvi. The settlement has 3,285 inhabitants. It is 80 km from Thessaloniki.
Starting with the economic reconstruction of the decades 1950-1960, Stavros became a pole of attraction for the inhabitants of neighboring prefectures. In 1993, the three beaches of Stavros, the western, the central (of Platanias) and the eastern (Milia) were awarded the Blue Flag of the European Union, a reward that has been repeated since then each year. Over the last 15 years there has been an explosion in the provision of tourist services with many newly built hotels and rooms to rent, the creation of new entertainment centers and the organization of the beaches, as well as the arrival of organized groups of tourists from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Germany and elsewhere.
The idea behind this festival is:
- The union of all ages under the auspices of creativity, culture, and art
- The opportunity to present their work
- Noble competition should inspire in the field of culture and art
- The creation of the “largest group of friends” around the world
- The acquisition of experiences
- Building confidence in themselves and their abilities
The aim of the Festival is:
- The acquaintance between members of different clubs and individual groups
- The exchange of views, expertise, and culture
- The fun and the acquaintance in a beautiful part of Greece, Chalkidiki-Stavros.
Also during their stay, participants will have time to visit beautiful places, swim in the blue water, enjoy the Greek sun and the Greek hospitality.
Holiday, fun, rest. We are waiting for you!
- IN THE FESTIVAL MAY PARTICIPATE SOLOISTS & ARTISTIC GROUPS WITHOUT LIMITATION ON THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- ALL AGES
MUSIC: INSTRUMENTAL – MUSIC PERFORMANCE WITH ALL INSTRUMENTS (GROUPS, ORCHESTRAS, SOLOISTS)
SINGING: FOLK, CHORUS, music and dance GROUPS (SOLO, DUET, TRIO)
DANCE: FOLK (SOLO OR GROUPS)
- THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPATIONS IN THE FESTIVAL IS LIMITED
- EVERY PARTICIPATION (individual or groups) MUST BRING THE FLAG OF ITS COUNTRY
- THE NEAREST AIRPORT IS “MAKEDONIA” IN THE CITY OF THESSALONIKI
ORGANIZATIONAL & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAMME OF THE FESTIVAL
“DEW DROPS INTERNATIONAL“
- Participants present 2 songs (total duration of 6 minutes).
- The duration of each song should not exceed three minutes.
- The music must be written to USB or accompanied by their own orchestra.
- The song should not be playback. Vocals are permitted, if considered necessary for the best performance of the song and the participant performs the song live.
- Participants present 2 instrumental tracks and the duration of each track should not exceed five minutes.
- Participants present 2 dances (total duration 6 minutes).
- The duration of each dance should not exceed 3 minutes.
- The music must be written to USB or accompanied by their own orchestra.
- Musical instruments, theatrical sets and anything relating to the presentation and execution of the participants not charged to the organizing committee of the festival, but the participants themselves.
They shall inform the organizing committee.
- The rehearsals and the presentation of the participants are made under the guidance of the organizing committee. For the order in the presentation rehearsals and the festival, the participant will be informed in time.
- The organizing committee has the right to distribute festivals promotional material. It also reserves the right for radio or television broadcasting and recording, filming or photographing of the Festival, without any compensation to participants.
- For all decisions responsible is the organizing committee.
- IN ORDER TO CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION THE REGISTRATION FORM SHOULD BE SENT UNTIL MARCH 30TH, 2019. ONCE YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM, A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR PARTICIPATION WILL BE SENT, WITH THE TERMS OF PAYMENT.
THE 30% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT SHOULD BE PAID UNTIL APRIL 2nd, 2019, TO GUARANTEE YOUR PARTICIPATION. UPON PAYMENT OF DEPOSIT AN INVITATION LETTER WILL BE SENT TO YOU. The rest of the payment, 70%, SHOULD BE DONE UNTIL MAY 10TH, 2019.
- IN CASE OF A PARTICIPANT OR PARTICIPANTS NOT PRESENTED TO THE FESTIVAL OR IN CASE OF CANCELLATION OF PARTICIPATION, NO REFUND IS ELIGIBLE!
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
The participation fee is 172 € per person in 3 * – 4 * hotels and includes:
- 4 days (3 nights)
- 2 meals, breakfast, and dinner
- in triple rooms
- In group participation of 25 people, one participation free
- Accommodation tax
In the participation fee ARE NOT INCLUDED:
- Participants may arrive earlier or prolong their stay. For each day the cost is 44 € per person (2 meals, breakfast, and dinner, in triple rooms) in the hotel which will be staying during the festival.
- The stay in a double room, in case of availability, is an additional 7 €/person/day.
- Optional participation in the Welcome Party, 12€ per person, with Greek music, Greek drinks, soft drinks, juices, appetizers, and desserts.
- Optional excursions. The prices vary depending on the number of participants. Optional tours will be available at your convenience and could be arranged at the arrival of participants.
- First aid for emergency cases will be provided, but medical services should be covered by the participants themselves. The safety of participants is exclusively the personal responsibility of each participant.
Attached please find the program for the Festival “Dew Drops International”.
It will be our pleasure to meet you in.
July 12th, 2019, Friday
Arrival Day. Check in at the hotel from 13:00 onwards. The person responsible for each country or group will inform you in detail about the final program. Free time to stroll in the market, relaxing, sightseeing or whatever pleases you. Dinner.
July 13th, 2019, Saturday
Breakfast. Free time to stroll in the market, relaxing, sightseeing or whatever pleases you until the afternoon or you can choose one of the optional excursions suggested by the organizing committee upon your arrival at the hotel. Dinner and at 21:00 «Welcome party» optional for all participants with Greek music (Greek drinks, appetizers, and desserts).
July 14th, 2019, Sunday
Breakfast. Free time until the afternoon or you can choose one of the optional excursions suggested by the organizing committee upon your arrival at the hotel. Lunch (in consultation with the hotel). Departure from the hotel around 19:00 and transfer to the festival area. During the show will be offered water, soft drinks, juices, sandwiches, and pastries. Souvenirs will be given to participants by the local municipal authority at the end of the show.
July 15th, 2019, Monday
Breakfast. The departure of the participants to return to their homelands with the hope that this experience will stay memorable and the promise to meet again.
- Certificates of participation will be given.
- An invitation letter will be sent to participants who apply for it.
- The festival program can be changed by the organizing committee, if necessary, for the best carrying out of the festival.
We look forward to seeing you in our place in this celebration of music, singing, and dancing!
We will be happy to welcome you to Stavros!
We are at your disposal for any further information or clarification, so do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
Efi Xatzixidiroglou & Panagiotis Pagonidis
PROPANTOS OGANIZATION CENTER
EMAIL: [email protected]