Crete is the largest island in Greece and the second biggest (after Cyprus) of the East Mediterranean.
Crete is an island with an exquisite 1,000 kilometer-long coastline dotted with numerous coves, bays and peninsulas, which afford a multitude of soft, sandy beaches along the beautifully blue Mediterranean Sea. After all, it’s among the finest in the world and has established Crete as one of Europe’s most popular holiday destinations. And, of course, the island’s historic importance in today’s world as the home of the Minoan civilization with important archeological finds at Knossos, Phaistos and Gortys, is evidenced by the tens of thousands of visitors to these sites each year.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central, South Pieria, Thessaloniki and Crete Island had a great success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that our 4th International Festival in Crete Island in 2022 will have a larger impact and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during their stay the participants will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun. The weather this period is good and warm suitable for swimming.
The Municipality of Hersonissos extends from the north coastline of central Crete to the imposing mountain chains of Lasithi. It is located a few kilometers away from the international airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” of Heraklion. Within its borders there are settlements with unique characteristics and colors. Hersonissos is known as the most organized tourist destination in Crete. It is also known for its high quality hotels, conference infrastructures and the natural beauty of its coasts. Mass tourism, beautiful beaches and the rich nightlife only constitute one side of the coin “Hersonissos”. Its other side, which is less acknowledged, includes the pristine mainland, where many historical monuments and landscapes of exceptional beauty await to be discovered.
Heraklion International Airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” – Hersonissos (22 km)
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choirs/
Classical or Marching Bands and Majorettes/Orchestras
– Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare a 15 minute program accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH DISC.
– The registration form must be sent before May 30th, 2023, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by June 10th, 2023. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Crete or 20 days prior via bank transfer.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
- Simple registration – participation : 35€ per person(without accommodation and party)
- Full Package, registration, participation and accommodation:
190 € per person in 3* Hotels
310 € per person in 4* Hotels
The full package includes:
– 5 days (4 nights) in selected quality hotels in Hersonissos and nearby area, with breakfast and lunch (HB), in double and triple bed rooms.
– Participation in the festival (Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video)
– Free transport from your hotel in Hersonissos to the performance place.
– Participation in traditional party with food, drink, all kinds of music, traditional dance lessons.
– Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances
– Every 30 participants, one is free of charge.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
– Prolonged stay, each day costs 40€ per person in 3* hotel (HB) & 70€ per person in 4* hotel.
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
– First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
21/9/2023: Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 02:00 p.m. –A detailed schedule and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner.
22/9/2023: Breakfast. – Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities. – At 20:30 experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “OPEN WAYS – FOLKWAY” events company. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
23/9/2023: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion– Midday meal- Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Cultural Associations during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional local delicacy will be offered.
24/9/2023: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal- Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional local delicacy will be offered.
25/9/2023: Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given to each participant.
- Official invitation letter will be provided and other documents if needed.
- The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers only if needed and there will be a prior notification
- Safety. The event will be held in compliance with all precautionary measures in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Health. We must also underline that all the hotels are operating under the strict rules and protocols for preventing Covid19.We really hope that this won’t be necessary and the difficult situation with Covid 19 will not exist and will be a bad memory.
- Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
We are looking forward meeting and cooperating with your group at our Festival.
P.S. Should further information is needed please do not hesitate to contact us.