Municipality of Hersonissos Crete – Local Cultural Associations
Propantos Organization Center – Business Travel (FOLKWAY
Crete is the largest island in Greece and the second biggest (after Cyprus) of the East Mediterranean.
Crete is an island with an exquisite 1,000 kilometer-long coastline dotted with numerous coves, bays, and peninsulas, which afford a multitude of soft, sandy beaches along the beautifully blue Mediterranean Sea. After all, it’s among the finest in the world and has established Crete as one of Europe’s most popular holiday destinations. And, of course, the island’s historic importance in today’s world as the home of the Minoan civilization with important archeological finds at Knossos, Phaistos, and Gortys, is evidenced by the tens of thousands of visitors to these sites each year.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central, South Pieria, Thessaloniki, and Crete Island had great success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that our 4th International Festival in Crete Island in 2020 will have a larger impact and will provide the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contact with other folk groups. Furthermore, during their stay, the participants will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and bright Greek sun. The weather in this period is good and warm suitable for swimming.
The Municipality of Hersonissos extends from the north coastline of central Crete to the imposing mountain chains of Lasithi. It is located a few kilometers away from the international airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” of Heraklion. Within its borders there are settlements with unique characteristics and colors. Hersonissos is known as the most organized tourist destination in Crete. It is also known for its high-quality hotels, conference infrastructures and the natural beauty of its coasts. Mass tourism, beautiful beaches and the rich nightlife only constitute one side of the coin “Hersonissos”. Its other side, which is less acknowledged, includes the pristine mainland, where many historical monuments and landscapes of exceptional beauty await to be discovered.
Heraklion International Airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” – Hersonissos (22 km)
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups- Folk song groups-Choirs.
– Number and age of participants are not limited. The number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare from 10 to12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/FLASH DISC.
– The registration form should be sent before April 20th, 2020, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. 60% of the total amount should be paid before April 30th, 2020, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
- The registration fee is 162 € per person in 3* Hotels
- This includes: participation in festival & 5 days (4 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in double & three bed rooms) by the seaside of Hersonissos
- The registration fee is 205 € per person in 3* Hotels – or 255 € per person in 4* Hotels This includes: participation in festival & 5 days (4 nights) (ALL INCLUSIVE in triple rooms) by the seaside of Hersonissos. Accommodation in double rooms will cost an extra six (6) Euros a day per person.Both packets include also: Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons, exclusively for all the participant groups – Two extra meals after performances – Certificates – Memorial gifts – Photos – Video
- Simple Registration – participation : 30 € per person (without using our accommodation)
* Every 25 participants, one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
– For prolonged stay, each day costs 42 € per person in 3* hotel (HB) & 50 € per person in 3* hotel or 64 € in 4* hotel (ALL INCL).
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience.
– First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
24/9/2020: Day of arrival – Check-in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel) –
25/9/2020: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion – Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons, gifts will be offered from FOLKWAY Organization – Your dinner will be served in the party place.
26/9/2020: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion – Midday meal – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional local delicacy will be offered.
27/9/2020: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional local delicacy will be offered.
28/9/2020: Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
Optional Tours – excursions, i.e.
– Cosmopolitan – coastal areas and beaches
– Archaeological sites
– Traditional villages
Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants.
** Certificates of participation will be given.
*** Invitation letter will be provided.
**** We can arrange and give you offers for all your transfers and the optional excursions
***** Transport from the hotel to the performance places will be free with Municipalities Buses.
We are looking forward to meeting and cooperating with your group at our Festival.
P.S. Should further information is needed please do not hesitate to contact us.