Paralia Katerinis – Olympic Beach
August 25th – August 30th 2021
The Municipality of Katerini, in the Region Unit of Pieria, and the mayor Konstantinos Koukodimos, is welcoming you and your group to the “7th International Cultural Festival”, which will be held in two periods: from 25th to 30th of August 2021, at the seaside towns of Paralia and Olympic Beach. The Festival is organized by the Municipality of Katerini in cooperation with “Folkway by Propantos, Event Planning Co”, and the “Open Ways, Culture and Travel Co”.
The festival will be held in Pieria (Paralia Katerinis and Olympic Beach), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, at the base of famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea – Olympus Riviera. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, with archaeological, cultural and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria were extremely successful as we welcomed groups and representatives from more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 19th International festival in the area and 7th in official cooperation with the Municipality of Katerini, will have greater success and will provide the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk-dance groups and folk song groups
- Classical or Marching Bands
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board/banner with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare a 15-minute program accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
- The registration form must be sent before May 30th, 2021, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by June 10th, 2021. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Pieria or 15 days prior via bank transfer.
Participation: 30 € per person (Does not include accommodation)
Full Package, Participation, and accommodation:
155 € per person in 1 * and 2** hotels.
179 € per person in 3 *** hotels.
The full package includes:
6 days (5 nights), half board (breakfast and dinner in triple rooms) in Hotels by the seaside of Pieria, in Paralia Beach, Olympic Beach and Korinos Beach.
Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participated groups.
Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances.
Participation in the Festival, Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video.
For every 25 participants, one person is free of charge.
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
– Extra nights. The costs for extra stay are:
32€ per person, per day in 1-2** hotels (half board in triple rooms).
37€ per person, per day in 3*** hotels.
– There is also the possibility for fewer nights’ accommodation.
– Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost seven euros plus per person per day.
Optional Tours: Seasonal prices will be fixed according to the number of participants. Daily tours will be available at your convenience and a special list of them will be send to you one month before arrival.
First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is his/her personal responsibility. Groups are advised to have Medical Insurance Coverage prior to departure from their home countries.
We must underline that all the hotels are operating under the strict rules and protocols for preventing Covid19.
That protocols includes:
- Regular sanitation training for the employee.
- Clearly established time-schedule for cleaning and disinfection in all areas.
- Conspicuous placement of hand sanitizers.
- Frequent cleaning and wash down of outdoor and high touch locations, including walkways, staircase, elevators.
- Fast response to off-cycle cleaning issues.
- Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. Free time for optional activities like swimming, sports, shopping, clubbing.
- Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash.
- A detailed schedule and a travel leader will be provided to each group.
- Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities.
- 20:30: Experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “PROPANTOS – FOLKWAY” events company. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
- Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon. Optional excursions – Midday meal.
- 7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the Festival venue (central square of Paralia). You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Municipality of Katerini before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
- Breakfast. Free day (from morning to noon). Optional excursion/cruise – Midday meal.
- 19:00: Transfer from the hotel to the Festival venue (the central square of Olympic Beach)
- You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Municipality of Katerini before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
- Breafast. Free day for a rest, shopping, swimming – Optional activities or excursion in Pieria’s sightseeing organized by our office.
- Dinner (in consultation with the hotel)
30/6/2021 or 6/7/2021
- Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given.
- Official invitation letter and other needed documents will be provided
- The organizers reserve the right to alter or change the program, if needed, without prior notification
- Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
- Hiking on Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the beautiful South Pieria coastline
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos,
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina.
- Traditional Greek villages
Few Words for “FOLKWAY” by PROPANTOS Co & “OPEN WAYS” culture & travel Co
“Propantos”, is a Greek company with a large experience in cultural events planning, organizes International Folklore Festivals under the title “Folkway”. Groups from more than 10 countries are participated in each of our festivals expressing their satisfaction.
“Open Ways Culture & Travel” is our travel agency that guarantee quality yet affordable tourism arrangements. Reliability and effectiveness are terms, which characterize our long-lasting relations with clients and providers.
FolkWay by PROPANTOS, Od. Elyti 14b, 57010 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel/fax: +30 2310312926, Mob: +306973854977,
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward on meeting you and start a partnership with your group at our Festivals.
If any further information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact us.