Paralia Katerinis – Olympic Beach
June 30th – July 5th 2022
The Municipality of Katerini, in the Region Unit of Pieria, and the mayor Konstantinos Koukodimos, is welcoming you and your group to the “7th International Cultural Festival”, which will be held from June 30th to July 5th 2022, at the seaside towns of Paralia and Olympic Beach. The festival is organized by the Municipality of Katerini in cooperation with “Folkway by Propantos, Event Planning Co”, and the “Open Ways, Culture and Travel Co”. This is the only one international cultural festival in the area/Municipality, which is officially organized by the local authorities and Greek local companies – associations with quality standards and great respect for tradition and culture.
The festival will be held in Pieria (Paralia Katerini and Olympic Beach), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, at the base of famous Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea – Olympus Riviera. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, with archaeological, cultural, religious and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria were extremely successful as we welcomed groups and representatives from more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 19th International festival in the area and 7th in official cooperation with the Municipality of Katerini, will have greater success and will
provide the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun. The participants will also have the opportunity for sightseeing tour and for more specialized excursions such us: visit to an exhibition of “Traditional Products & Handicraft”, local events like wine tasting, traditional Greek cooking, traditional Greek dance lessons, demonstration of local history and customs.
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk-dance groups and folk song groups
- Classical or Marching Bands
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board/banner with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare 15-minute programs accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
- Participants, if possible, should provide some photos and videos with a brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional, publication and advertising purposes.
- The registration form must be sent by May 10th 2022, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, an official invitation and a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by May 20th 2022. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Pieria or 20 days prior via bank transfer.
I. Participation: 30 € per person (Does not include accommodation and party).
II. Full Package, participation and accommodation:
162€ per person in 1* and 2* hotels.
194€ per person in 3* hotels.
257€ per person in 4* hotels
The full package includes:
- 6 days (5 nights) accommodation, half board (breakfast and dinner in triple rooms) in selected quality hotels by the seaside of Pieria – Olympus Riviera, in Paralia Beach, Olympic Beach and Korinos Beach.
- Participation in the festival.
- Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video.
- Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participated groups in the event hall of hotel MEDITERRANEAN VILLAGE 5*.
- Leader’s meeting (coffee –gifts – round table).
- Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances.
- For groups of every 25 participants, 26th is serviced free of charge
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
- Additional days. The costs for extra stay are:
32€ per person, per day in 1*- 2* hotels (half board in triple rooms).
37€ per person, per day in 3* hotels.
51€ per person, per day in 4* hotels.
- There is also the possibility for fewer nights’ accommodation.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability is an additional 6€ to 9 €/ person / day.
- Optional Tours: Seasonal prices will be fixed according to the number of participants. Daily tours will be available at your convenience and a special list of them will be send to you one month before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is his/her personal responsibility. Groups are advised to have Medical Insurance Coverage prior to departure from their home countries.
The event will be held in compliance with all precautionary measures in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Health. We must also underline that all the hotels are operating under the strict rules and protocols for preventing Covid19.
We really hope that this will not be necessary and the difficult situation with Covid 19 will not exist and will be a bad memory.
- Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 02:00 p.m. Α representative of the organizers will meet you and give you a detailed schedule and all information’s needed.
- A person in charge will be provided to each group.
- Free time for optional activities like swimming, sports, shopping, clubbing.
- Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash.
- Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities. Optional specialized excursion: Visit to a landmark venue for tasting ouzo, tsipouro, wine accompanied by a lovely meal with local products.
- 20:30: Experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “PROPANTOS – FOLKWAY” events company. Each group will have the opportunity to dance with the other groups their own dances, accompanied by their musicians. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
- Free day, from morning to noon. Optional meeting and dance workshop with local Greek folk dance or music group at – on request, or Optional excursion (Sightseeing).
- Midday meal.
- 7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue (central square of Paralia). You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered
to the groups by the Mayor or Deputy Mayor of Culture of the Municipality of Katerini before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
- Free day from morning to noon. Optional excursion (Cruise to the beautiful Central and South Pieria coastline)
- Midday meal.
- 7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the festival venue (central square of Olympic Beach). You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Municipality of Katerini before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
- 10:00 a.m.: Official meeting of groups leaders with the Organizers (Coffee, drink and local delicacies will be served).
- The rest of the day is free for rest, shopping, swimming or Optional activities like an excursion in Pieria’s sightseeing (local tour visiting the most update and hip places for locals) organized by our office.
- Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given to each participant.
- Official invitation letter and other needed documents will be provided.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter or change the program, if needed, there will be a prior notification.
- Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
- Hiking on Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the beautiful Central and South Pieria coastline
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos,
- Meteora. (Monasteries)
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina.
- Traditional Greek villages
Few Words for “FOLKWAY” by PROPANTOS Co & “OPEN WAYS” culture & travel Co
“Propantos”, is a Greek company with a large experience in cultural events planning, organizes International Folklore Festivals under the title “Folkway”. Groups from more than 10 countries are participated in each of our festivals expressing their satisfaction.
“Open Ways Culture & Travel” is our travel agency that guarantee quality yet affordable tourism arrangements. Reliability and effectiveness are terms, which characterize our long-lasting relations with clients and providers.
FolkWay by PROPANTOS, Od. Elyti 14b, 57010 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel/fax: +30 2310312926, Mob: +306973854977,
e mail: email@example.com
We are looking forward on meeting you and start a partnership with your group at our Festivals.
If any further information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact us.