- FolkWay (Propantos) Organization Center
- Tameion Thrace, Xanthi
After the great success of the two previous editions of this seminar sessions, the 3rd International Seminar of Folk Dances & Culture will be released under the alias “ProPantos Culture” and it will be held between 12th and 13th of November 2011 in Mediterranean Village Hotel which is located at the Olympic Beach of Katerini in Pieria.
These seminar series are organized by FolkWay (ProPantos) and are dedicated to the musical tradition, folkl dances and culture as well as customs and morals of Karpathos island and Crete, two neighboring island with special and mutual cultural interactions all these years.
During the seminar lectures, you will have the opportunity to keep an eye on well-known folklore rapporteurs who have conducted years of research concerning the folk culture in both islands:
- Karpathos Island, along side Elias Vasilaras
- Crete, along side Giannis Megalakakis
On Saturday night, November 12th, you will follow the traditional feast of the seminar where you will be able to learn and practice any kind of greek island folk dances while at the same time we will amuse every visitor with a rich musical traditional journey with songs from different Greek locations.
- Elias Andreoulakis (Cretan Lyra)
- Vasilis Charokopos (Carpathian Lyra)
- Charis Porfiridis (Lute)
- George Davliakos (Bagpipe, Accordeon, Kaval)
- Dionisis Livathinos (Clarinet)
- Lefteris Pavlou (Percussions, Thracian Lyre)
The participation fee is set at 40 EUR and includes the following:
- Educational Programmes, Suggestions, Greek Folk Dance Lessons.
- Documentation / Practice Material (CD).
- Certificate of Participation.
- Coffee Break between the Seminar courses.
Traditional Feast (Glenti)
- The participation fee concerning the Traditional Feast after the Seminar is set at 15 EUR and it is excluded from the above price.