- Municipality of Thermaikos, Thessaloniki
- FolkWay & Propantos Organization Center
The festival will be held in Perea and Michaniona. The region of the Municipality is coastal and it is located at the east of the prefecture of Thessaloniki, in the central part of Thermaikos bay to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. It is 20 km far from the city of Thessaloniki and it covers an area of 21.000 sq. meters, out of which 5.000 sq. meters belong to the town planning.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria and Thessaloniki had a great success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that our 2nd International Festival in Perea – Michaniona will have a larger impact and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during their stay the participants will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Tourism, amusement and relaxation are the basic economic activities of our municipality. The region of Thermaikos attracts always a significant number of visitors during the summer. In the coastal area of the municipality, there are a lot of taverns, bars and cafeterias, and walking in the evening on the beach of Thermaikos is a particular pleasure for the thousands of visitors who enjoy the view of the enlightened Thessaloniki.
The Municipality of Hersonissos extends from the north coastline of central Crete to the imposing mountain chains of Lasithi. It is located a few kilometers away from the international airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” of Heraklion. Within its borders there are settlements with unique characteristics and colors. Hersonissos is known as the most organized tourist destination in Crete. It is also known for its high quality hotels, conference infrastructures and the natural beauty of its coasts. Mass tourism, beautiful beaches and the rich nightlife only constitute one side of the coin “Hersonissos”. Its other side, which is less acknowledged, includes the pristine mainland, where many historical monuments and landscapes of exceptional beauty await to be discovered.
22/7/2016: Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for relaxation, optional activities, swimming, sightseeing, walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
23/7/2016: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion to local sites and beaches, organized from the Municipality – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. During the performance drinks, sandwiches and traditional sweets will be offered. Gifts will be offered to the participants by the local Municipality authorities at the end of the performance.
24/7/2016: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. During the performance drinks, sandwiches and traditional sweets will be offered. Gifts will be offered to the participants by the local Municipality authorities at the end of the performance.
25/7/2016: Breakfast – All day free, for sightseeing, walk to the city, shopping – swimming at the beach – Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel). Optional Party (Glenti) at 09:00 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances (Greek wine, traditional sweets and fruits)
26/7/2016: Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
Festival Participation Conditions
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk dance groups
- Folk song groups
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by orchestra or CD.
- The registration form should be sent before April 10th, 2016, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. The 50% of the total amount should be paid before April 20th 2016, to guarantee your participation. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on the day of your arrival in Perea. In case of cancellation no refund is eligible.
Registration Fee – Accommodation
The registration fee is 145 € per person in 2-3* Hotels – or 165 € per person in 4* Hotels and includes:
- 5 days (4 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in three-bed rooms) by the seaside of Perea or in the city of Thessaloniki.
- Every 30 participants, one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
- For prolonged stay, each day costs 35 € per person (half board – breakfast and dinner) in 3* Hotels (in three-bed rooms) and 40 € per person in 4* Hotels.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra nine (9) € per day and per person.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience.
- Traditional Greek Party (July 25th, 2016) costs 15 € per person and includes drinks, fruits and traditional sweets. Free charge for the leaders of the groups.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.