Rome is more than a fascinating European capital city; it is a spectacular encyclopedia of living history. It has been said that all roads lead to Rome, andin Rome, every road leads to eternity. The city is vast, although the historic center is quite small. The whole experience of Rome is so powerful as to be almost overwhelming at times. The best way to prepare for a visit is to study a little of the history of the region, and then arrange an itinerary that allows time to explore, rest, and reflect on the magnificence of it all.
Visit Vatican City, a independent city-state located entirely within Rome. Tours of Rome are plentiful and often based on themes of history, food and wine, art, and religion. The daring may want to rent a Vespa and navigate the historical streets of a city teeming in history.
04.04.15 – Day 1
- 14:00: Arrival to Rome. Accommodation in the selected accommodation unit. Free time for the individual activities.
- 19:00: Dinner
- 22:30: Optional night out in the local tavern. Overnight.
05.04.15 – Day 2
- 07:30: Breakfast.
- 09:30: Optional Vatican city tour, St.Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine chapel and the Vatican museums.
- 17:00: Dinner.
- 18:30: Gathering of the groups. Defile.
- 19:30: Opening ceremony of the the festival. Performances of the groups.
(The detailed program of the festival and the order of appearances will be submitted to the groups on their arrival)
Walk at “Via Veneto”, most popular, fashionable and richest boulevard in Rome.
- 22:30: Optional Night out going in the Disco club
06.04.15 – Day 3
- 07:30: Breakfast
- 09:30: Optional city sightseeing tour, La piazza di Spagna, Via Cavour, Italian Parliament, visit of Colosseo, Fontana di Trevi, Fontana di Quattro cavalli, Piramide, Foro Romano.
- 17:00: Dinner
- 18:30: Performances of the groups. Closing ceremony of the festival, plaque and diploma award, exchange of the presents between the groups and the organizers. End of the festival.
- 21:30: Party / Dinner in the typical Italian restaurant with the live music (Optional)
07.04.15 – Day 4
- 07:30: Breakfast
- 12:00: Departure of all folklore groups. End of Festival services.
Participation Fee INCLUDES:
- Accommodation in the hotel in base HB (Half Board).
- Breakfast & Dinner.
- Participation on the Rome’s International Folklore Festival.
- Plaques, Souvenirs, Diplomas, Photos, DVD.
- Companion during the Folklore Festival.
Participation Fee does NOT include:
- Optional Excursions, Programmes, Nightlife, Parties, Sightseeing (City Tours).
- Travel Insurance (for all folklore groups & members).
- Medical Assistance.
- Other expenses & costs for all folklore groups.