- Municipality of Dion – Olympus
- Region of Central Macedonia
- Regional Unit of Pieria
- FolkWay & Propantos Organization Center
The festival will be held in Litohoro – Platamonos – Dion. Pieria is the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea.
Our previous Festivals in North and South Pieria had big success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries. We expect that our 11th International festival and the 4th in cooperation with the Municipality of Dion – Olympus will have larger success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
26/8/2016: Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, swimming, walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
27/8/2016: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. During the performance drinks, sandwiches and traditional sweets will be offered. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality at the end of the performance.
28/8/2016: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. During the performance drinks, sandwiches and traditional sweets will be offered. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality at the end of the performance.
29/8/2016: Breakfast – All day free, for shopping – swimming at the beach – Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel). Optional Party (Glenti) at 09:00 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances (Greek wine, traditional sweets and fruits)
30/8/2016: Breakfast – All day free, for shopping – swimming at the beach – Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
31/8/2016: Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
Festival Participants – Conditions
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups.
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 10 to12 minutes program accompanied by orchestra or CD.
- The registration form should be sent before April 30th, 2016, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. The 50% of the total amount should be paid before May 10th 2016, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group, must be received on the day of your arrival in Pieria. In case of cancellation no refund is given.
Participation Fee – Useful Information
The total participation fee covers:
The registration fee is 138 € per person in 2-3* Hotels – or 158 € per person in 4* Hotels
- 6 days (5 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in three-bed rooms) by the seaside of Pieria
- Hotels accommodation is in Paralia beach, Olympic beach and Korinos beach.
- Every 25 participants, one is FREE.
The total participation fee DOES NOT cover:
- For prolonged stay, each day costs 28 Euros per person (half board – breakfast and dinner -in three-bed rooms) in 2-3* hotels and 32 Euros per person in 4* hotels
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra six (6) Euros a day per person.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience.
- Traditional Greek Party (August 29th, 2016) cost 15 Euros per person which includes (drinks, fruits and traditional sweets).Free charge for the leaders of the groups.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.