- Region of Central Macedonia
- Regional Unit of Pieria
- Municipality of Pydna – Kolindros
- FolkWay (Propantos) Organization Center
The festival will be held in Aiginio – Makrigialos – Methoni, Pieria (35 km from SKG), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe Pieres and the Muses, on the flanks of Mt. Olympus, the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, and close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The fist was held during the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the independece of the region and it had very big success. We expect that the 2nd festival will have also the same and biggest success and participation. It will provide oportunities to the participants to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experience and contacts with other folk groups and have a unique vacations.
6/7/2013 – Day 1:
- Day of arrival – Check in at hotel – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for swimming, walk to the market and clubs – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
7/7/2013 – Day 2:
- Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – At 8:00a.m. we will go to the place where the show will be held – parade and performance – After performance meal will be offered.
8/7/2013 – Day 3:
- Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – At 8:00a.m. we will go to the place where the show will be held – parade and performance – After performance meal will be offered
9/7/2013 – Day 4:
- Breakfast – All day free, for shopping – swimming at the beach – Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
10/7/2013 – Day 5:
- Breakfast- Departure of the folklore groups.
Participation fee INCLUDES:
- 5 days (4 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner) in 2* hotels (in three-bed rooms) by the seaside of Pieria
- Hotels: RG Status Hotel, Regina Mare Hotel,Pieria Mare Hotel, Helios Hotel, Achillion Hotel, Hotel Nafsika, Hotel Mouses, Lilalo Hotel
- Every 25 participants one is FREE.
Participation fee DOES NOT include:
- If accommodation is exceeded (additional days), it will cost 25 EUR a day per person (half board – breakfast and dinner) in 2* hotels (in three-bed rooms)
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra five 5 EUR a day per person.
- Optional Tours – Excursions.
- Transport to and from the airport is on the group’s expenses. However, the organising committee can provide transport to and from the airport on reasonable prices.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on their personal responsibility.