- FolkWay (Propantos) Organization Center
- Municipality of Katerini
The festival will be held in Katerini, Pieria (68 km from Thessaloniki), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of Mount Olympus, the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, and close to the coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. It will be held during the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the independece of the region. We expect that the festival will provide oportunities to the participants to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experience and contacts with other folk groups.
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups from Europe.
- Number and age of participants is not limited.
- The group should have prepared at least 15-20 minutes program accompanied by orchestra or CD.
- Each folklore group should bring a flag of their country.
- Transport to and from the airport is on the group’s expenses. However, the organizing committee can provide transport to and from the airport on reasonable prices.
Participation fee INCLUDES:
- 5 days (4 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner) in 2* hotels (in three-bed rooms) by the seaside of Pieria.
- Only 3 performances for each group in the Festival.
- After each performance meal will be offered to the participants.
- Parade and presentation of the groups will be held at the central square.
- Certificates of participation will be given.
- Invitation letter will be provided if needed.
- Every 25 participants one is FREE.
Participation fee DOES NOT include:
- If accommodation is exceeded, it will cost 25 EUR a day per person (half board – breakfast and dinner) in 2* hotels (in three-bed rooms).
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra five euros a day per person.
- Optional Tours (e.g. Mount Olympus, Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina, Traditional Villages, Coastal Areas & Beaches) – Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participants safety is on their personal responsibility.