- Municipality of Pydna – Kolindros
- Region of Central Macedonia
- Regional Unit of Pieria
- Propantos Organization Center & Business Travel (FolkWay)
The festival will be held in Aiginio – Makrigialos, North Pieria (35 km from Thessaloniki), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, gathers archaeological, cultural and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria had big success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 12th International Festival in the area and the 5th in cooperation with the Municipality of Pydna Kolindros will have the same and larger success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright greek sun.
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance & song groups from Europe.
29/6/2017 – Day 1:
- Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for optional activities, swimming, walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
30/6/2017 – Day 2:
- Breakfast – All day free, for shopping – swimming at the beach – Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel). Optional Party (Glenti) at 09:00 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances (Greek wine, traditional sweets and fruits)
1/7/2017 – Day 3:
- Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. During the performance drinks, sandwiches and traditional sweets will be offered. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality at the end of the performance.
2/7/2017 – Day 4:
- Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. During the performance drinks, sandwiches and traditional sweets will be offered. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality at the end of the performance.
3/7/2017 – Day 5:
- Breakfast – All day free, for rest and optional activities – Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
4/7/2017 – Day 6:
- Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
Participation fee INCLUDES:
- 6 days (5 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner in three-bed rooms) by the seaside of Pieria. Hotels accommodation is in Paralia Beach, Olympic Beach and Korinos Beach.
- Every 25 participants one is FREE.
Participation fee DOES NOT include:
- Prolonged Stay: If accommodation is exceeded, it will cost 28 EUR a day per person (half board – breakfast & dinner in three-bed rooms) in 2-3* hotels and 32 EUR a day per person in 4* hotels. There is also the possibility for less accommodation.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra 6 EUR a day per person.
- Optional Tours: Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience.
- Welcome Traditional Greek Party (30/6/2017) – Cost 15 EUR per person which includes (drinks, fruits & traditional sweets). Free charge for the leaders of the folklore groups.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participants safety is on their personal responsibility.