- Regional Unit of Hersonissos
- Propantos Organization Center & Business Travel (FolkWay)
Syros is a Greek Island in the Aegean Sea with an area of 84 sq. km. It is located south-east of mainland Greece in the middle of the Cyclades group of islands and is the Capital of the region. Syros Island has an unusual character in contrast to the other islands thanks to its magnificent neoclassical architecture.
Syros island owes its peculiarity to the 19th century which is due to a long period as one of the most important ports in the Eastern Mediterranean, resulting in Syros acquiring a magnificent air and a rigorous tradition of Industry, the Arts and Culture. Nowadays, Syros is the capital of the Cyclades Islands and still remains a place of Culture while at the same time has emerged as a remarkable travel destination very easily approached by air and coastal.
Is the island where Greek tradition and western influence come to a harmonious marriage. Ermoupolis (meaning “The city of Hermes”) is the island’s capital town and has been the first important trade and industrial centre of the country in the 19th century. Evidence of this glorious past can be seen on public buildings (the City Hall, the Customs Office, Apollo theatre), on the neoclassical houses and at the beautiful squares. Due to its economic activity, Ermoúpoli has been called Manchester of Greece and the history of its years of blossom is exhibited in the Industrial Museum.
The great number of beautiful beaches will delight the sea and sand lovers: Vári, Foínikas, Yalissás and Kíni, as well as Possidonia or Dellagrazia, the beach of a village with many neoclassical mansions with colourful orchards. Syros island is well-known for its gastronomic peculiarities. Halva pie (a pie made of thyme honey and roasted almonds), loukoúmi (a delight made of water, starch and sugar), “loosa” ham, fennel sausages and the St. Michalis spicy cheese (appellation d’origine contrôlée/”protected designation of origin”) will no doubt satisfy even the most demanding taste buds.
23/6/2017 – Day 1:
- Day of arrival – Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel) – Optional welcome Party (Glenti) at 09:00 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances (Greek wine, traditional snacks, sweets and fruits).
24/6/2017 – Day 2:
- Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional Greek delicacies -sweets will be offered.
25/6/2017 – Day 3:
- Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). – Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional Greek delicacies – sweets will be offered.
26/6/2017 – Day 4:
- Breakfast – All day free, for rest, optional activities, shopping – swimming at the beach. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
27/6/2017 – Day 5:
- Breakfast – Departure of the groups.
Participation fee INCLUDES:
- 5 days (4 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in three bed rooms) by the seaside.
- Every 25 participants, one is free.
Participation fee DOES NOT include:
- For prolonged stay, each day costs 36€ per person in 2-3* hotels and 42€ per person in 4* hotels.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra six (6) Euros a day per person, ΗΒ.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience.
- Traditional Greek Party (June 23rd, 2017) cost 15 Euros per person which includes (Greek wine, soft drinks, fruits and traditional snacks – sweets). Free charge for the leaders of the groups.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.