The Ethno Rhythms 2020 Festival is held in the Golden Sands Resort. It is the most famous beach resort in Eastern Europe. It is 18 km away from Varna (Bulgaria).
The festival is held at various points in the Golden Sands resort – parade, group presentations, open-air concerts.
PARTICIPANTS are from community centers, cultural clubs and amateur groups from Bulgaria and abroad. We expect participants from dance, vocal and instrumental folk groups including traditional authentic folk groups and groups for interpreted modern folklore. There are no age restrictions for participation. There is no limit on the number of participants. Accompanying attendants can also join. Presentation of folklore groups 15 – 20 minutes. The group should carry a flag to their country.
The objectives of the festival and the creativity meetings are:
– to encourage the cultural exchange between nations and communities; to develop personal creativity; to promote Bulgarian and foreign folklore
- The participation fee per participant is EUR 99. In the fee is included full board – 3 nights in hotel***, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 2. The participation fee per participant is EUR 119. In the fee is included full board – 4 nights in hotel***, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 3. The participation fee per participant is EUR 139. In the fee is included full board – 5 nights in hotel***, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The price does not include transportation , transfer to the hotel, parking and personal expenses.
Rooms are triple, quadruple and a limited number of doubles.
Single room surcharge EUR 20 per day.
For a group of 25 people there is one free place (25 + 1).
Accommodation in the three star Park hotel “Riva” located in the center of the sea resort “Golden Sands”, Varna, Bulgaria. http://www.riva-hotel.com/ – air conditioning in the room, TV cable, fridge, Wi-Fi free in the lobby, tourist tax. The hotel offers a possibility for extension of the stay.
The PROGRAM of the Festival offers free participation in:
– participation in the festive parade along the main alleys of the resort and in the festive folk program during the two – three evenings. – participation in the “Evening of the communities” – a presentation of each community in front of the other participating cultural communities, gift and memorabilia sharing, diplomas and plaques
– Walking-tour to Aladzha Monastery
-Workshop „ Sea Presents” – summer workroom for applied arts
– candy workshop
– presentation of Bulgarian wines / for adults /
– free swimming pool and a playground
-Free time – excursions, beach and nightclubs in the resort “Golden Sands”
Note: The participation in the various activities of the program is optional and free.
Possibility for a half day tour to Varna – visit of the Dolphinarium, Aquarium, Zoo, Roman Baths, the Stone Forest, museums, Grand Mall Varna – shopping mall , or a sea yacht tour and more. Aquapolis – Golden Sands. Balchik – the Palace of the Romanian Queen Maria and the Botanical garden, Cape Kaliakra; Mussel farm and much more. The entrance fees to tourist attractions and transport are paid by the participants.
Applicants must register until the 15th of June 2020, after which they will receive the bank account of the organization. The participation fee is to be paid until the 10th of August 2020.